Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Lumia 950XL strange behavior

I bought lumia 950XL when it was first released. At that time it was only sold through Microsoft store online. I found out that when I turn the power off, the 3 on screen navigation key turn on then battery become hot, the 3 key stay light up, and I have to keep hold the power key to force the phone tunn on again, then battery drop almost 3-4 percent in less than 2 minutes, at that rate 30 minutes would down 20-30%. I contacted support and they told it could be a hardware problem and at time Microsoft halted sales because of untold hardware problem, only option is return the handset.

I couldn't wait so I bought one ebay. It is a HK version single sim. I found the same problem again. I contacted support and they said it is HK version not supported in US. HK supported I have to ship it to HK shipping then send to repair center. The problem there is not only high shipping cost, the process would take long time.

Last week I went to a Microsoft store in a mall. I told them the problem, and they nicely give me new US unit and took my HK version. At the store the phone was charging use charger from the box, the has no problem.

This time again the I found same problem on the 3rd unit.

This is really strange. At home, I always charge the phone on PC use this cable came with a USB type C hard drive enclosure. I charged the phone with charger come with box, the phone would turn off completely, battery stay cold. I don't know what happened. Then I used the USB cable from the box, plug on PC, the phone would turn off completely no problem.

The phone behave like this because of the cable or it designed this way? or is it bug?


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/1sb44Qz
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment