Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sorry, but is there a shelf life of each W10M build? Because it sure seems so.

I'm on the latest production build of W10M, I think, and it seems like with every build, after a week or two things start to go south rather quickly. It's like the OS can't handle it anymore and is time for a re-boot, as if the build self destructs after a certain testing period. I've had to do multiple soft resets on my 735 over the past week for stupid ****...notifications not showing up, time disappearing on the lock screen, a lag when unlocking the phone, my Messages threads going blank, volume getting stuck on a media player that I closed hours ago, etc. It's absurd.

I'm the first to say I love WP, and I'm all for trying it out. But, this past week has caused so much frustration that I've actually switched back to my iPhone 6 for a "break". A BREAK. FROM AN OS. That's sad, and nobody can deny that. The icing on the cake was when I was trying to take photos at IKEA to remember what the furniture pieces we liked were, and it took like 5 minutes for the camera to open. Then in the car we were trying to look up movie times and my location couldn't even be determined. Pulled out my fiance's iPhone and we could do it in 5 seconds.

This is just silly. And I'm not bashing WP but now I see what everyone is saying. As nice as W10M is, it's just a hugely frustrating experience.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/1TQYnBq
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment