Saturday, April 29, 2017

GB 12 Verizon...Great!

I received my Galaxy Book 12 from Verizon yesterday and so far I'm quite happy with it.

Fit and Form are excellent, this thing is thinner than the Note Pro 12.2 that it has replaced. It really looks like an Android tablet until you turn it on.

Backlit keyboard works well and is comfortable. I like the fact that unlike the Surface Pro 4, when I remove the keyboard all I have in my hands to hold is this sleek tablet.

As one would expect, out of the box it is a very fast windows environment. I have installed Lightroom and Photoshop and performed some minimal testing with those programs. All I've done in Photoshop is adjust the raw photo's settings in Camera Raw and that works just as fast as my 12 gig i7 desktop. I haven't done any layering yet. Lightroom seems to be a bit slower when going from the Library mode to Develop mode, like maybe a second or two, just enough time to see some pixilation but that's it, everything else seems to work the same.

I've already updated Win 10 to the Creators update and all seems fine.

It charges pretty fast, going from an out of the box 53% to 100% in an hour. I have not tested battery duration as yet.

I'll keep you posted
Bill


from Windows Central Forums //forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=457441&goto=newpost
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment