Saturday, April 29, 2017

Taking back the forums

This is a thread to thank all the positive posters who are attempting to enjoy their platform and assist others who may be having issues or are looking to use Windows as their mobile platform. As you know, it has become nearly unbearable lately with the negative comments flooding the forums. While I understand frustration, I do not understand how the constant negativity will be productive. This is a forum for Windows fans and, while I support anyone who wants to be here despite their choice of device, I am hoping we can turn things around a bit and make it a more enjoyable place for fans to come to.
I want to thank James Falconer for driving meaningful conversation and topics. While they often get turned into negativity, we need more of these types of threads where we can discuss and work through things we may be thinking about or facing ourselves.
Thank you so much to Windowsmoose for starting the "Positive Windows phone news thread". We needed this and it is helping to create the positive energy we so desperately need.
Also, thanks to RumoredNow who rightly points out that it is we who will help turn things around by supporting our platform of choice. If we show MS and everyone how much we want this to succeed, our chances of success are exponentially higher.
And thanks to all the others (you know who you are) who are always posting positive comments and helping others in need. You do make a huge difference in the forums and shine a positive light on how our platform enriches our lives and brings an alternative to Android and iPhone.
So what can we do? Remain positive! I know it's hard but we can't let all the negativity get us down and take away from our enjoyment. Try not to get pulled into the negativity (one of my flaws and something I will get better at). Just return comments with positive ones. That doesn't mean everything is rosy and perfect with Windows mobile, no platform is perfect. We can have meaningful conversations without turning it into an argument. Lastly, flood the forums with your comments each and every day. Help make this place what it should be, a fan forum with a helpful community of people with a variety of viewpoints but who are trying to enjoy their platform of choice.
I hope I have not offended anyone with my comments, it is not my intent. Everyone is welcome as is every viewpoint. But I think most of us can agree it has tuned mostly negative and that's no fun for everyone. Let's do something about it! Thanks for listening and I promise I will do my part to make this the best Windows enthusiast site online.


from Windows Central Forums //forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=457444&goto=newpost
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment