Monday, April 3, 2017

How can I tell if I setup a Raid 1 correctly?

I setup 2 raid 1s using a Terra-Master D410 model. I made sure that the selector was set to Raid 1 for both Raids. Did the default reset, went into the computer management prog and saw 2 new hard drives (13-14). But I have 2 4TB drives for each Raid, when I first started the unit in computer management it showed me a 13,15 and 16 hard drives. So I went and did a another reset for both Raids. Now it just shows me 13 and 14, when I try to add a mirrored volume label for drive 13 it ask me if I would like to use drive 14 as the mirrored drive. But If I have set these up correctly the Raid should use the second HD in the Raid1. I have hooked all USB cables to the PC.

Using Dell XPS-8900 Windows 10 Pro - 16 GB Ram Intel i7-6700 3.4 GHz 64X system.

Any suggestions on what to do try or do?

Thanks In Advance


from Windows Central Forums //forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=455559&goto=newpost
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment