Sunday, April 2, 2017

Windows 10 wont boot after deleting windows.old using CCleaner

While I was cleaning my PC using CCleaner, I decided to delete windows.old folder. After cleaning process finished, programs never launch when I open it. I restarted the windows but it won't boot and give STOP CODE error.

Here is my Laptop Specification:

Model: Lenovo z570
CPU: intel i7-2670qm
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce gt 540m
RAM: 8GB
OS: Dual boot Ubuntu(main boot loader) & Windows 10

And here is the solutions I tried and none of them worked:

1- Startup Repair (took about 30-45 min and gives error)
2- Reset This PC (exit at 36% with Undoing Changes message)
3- Using Command Prompt
chkdsk c: /r /x & sfc /scannow
bootrec /fixmbr , bootrec /fixboot , bootrec /scanos , bootrec /rebuildbcd and it outputs: "Total identified windows installation: 0"
How to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.


from Windows Central Forums //forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=455478&goto=newpost
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment